President Akufo-Addo this evening delivered his update number 24 on measures taken by his government to combat the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
Below is a summary of what he said…
• The Covid vaccines are in. And tomorrow, March 1, he will publicly take his. Also to do so:
First Lady, Vice President, Second Lady and his wife will take first jabs tomorrow.
• Also to follow in the same action on March 2: senior government officials, senior judiciary figures, legislature, Members of the Council of State, Otumfuo, Ga Mantse, some media personalities.
• Public rollout of the vaccines begins on Tuesday, March 2 until March 15. What will be given to everyone is the now-available AstraZeneca vealone.
• President enumerated different categories of people to take the jabs, in order of need. Group 1 are the highest priority and they will start getting theirs from Tuesday.
• 43 epicenter vaccination centers will be the venues for the jabs. 20 of these are in Accra alone.
● Ghana is working at developing and manufacture vaccines here.
• Ghana targetting vaccinating 20 million Ghanaians by the end of 2021 – President Akufo-Addo.
• Although two vaccines – AstraZeneca and Sputnik V – have been approved, as and when FDA think more (or less) versions should be given to the public, it will be done.
• Due to the continuing increase in cases and deaths, all restrictions from the last update will remain.
• Police will continue to ensure compliance by all and sundry. We can’t let our guard down even after vaccinating. Protocols must be observed.
• He reminded us that the average daily case count is now 400, down from 700 from the last covid update.
• Since schools reopened, 207 schools have recorded cases.
Please send us your articles for publication via firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories