This may be due to starvations day dehydration during Labour.
Or pain in the perineum ( which makes the woman uncomfortable to ease herself)
1. Take in lots of fluids and roughage diets
2. Eat balanced diets and fruits
3. Respond to the urge to defecate promptly
4. Take your prescribed medications.
This maybe due to fear of pains from cracks, tears and episiotomy wound sustained during delivery.
Or Diminished bladder tone
Or lack of privacy
1. Ensure privacy
2. Use nursing interventions such as dipping your hands in warm water
3. Pour warm water over your perineum
4. Turn on the tap and watch as the water flows
5. Take prescribed medications
To be continued
A healthy mother is a healthy baby
No Maternal Mortality
Please send us your articles for publication via firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories