General NewsLatest

Kumasi: Caretaker of 6 bedroom Asafo house burnt to ashes along with entire house; kettle to blame

A Man believed to be 56 identified as Kwadwo Fordjour has been burnt to ashes after he was trapped in a fire outbreak at Asafo YF in the Kumasi Metropolis.

The fire which started around 1am on Thursday June 17, 2021 razed down a 6 bedroom house before Fire Service Personnel went to the scene to controll the Fire.

Properties worth thousands of cedis were consumed by the fire.

The Ashanti Regional Fire Command PRO Desmond Ackah speaking in an interview with Pure FM’s Osei Kwadwo said they suspect the fire was caused by a water kettle which the deceased was using to warm water.

According to Desmond Ackah, tenants in the house after several attempts to save the deceased proved futile due to the seriousness of the fire.

“The fire was spreading in all directions and due to the seriousness of the fire, two additional fire engines from Komfo Anokye and Manhyia fire stations were mobilized to support the fire engine which was sent to the area” Desmond Ackah explained.

“The fire started from the deceased bed room and spread to other rooms in the house. The deceased was a caretaker of the house”.

 

Please send us your articles for publication via editor@reportghana.com

Loading...

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button