Stranded Ghanaian nationals in the UK willing to return to Ghana will be evacuated on June 17, 2020, the High Commission in UK has announced.
Below is the High Commission’s notice to the public:
Kindly refer to the High Commission’s earlier communication on the above and note that per directives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration of Ghana, the evacuation exercise of Ghanaians who are willing to cover the cost of travel and mandatory quarantine will take place on 17th of June 2020. In preparation for the intended evacuation and to ensure a smooth exercise, interested applicants are to note the following:
- Cost of airline ticket: the negotiated rate of fare with KLM from London SHOULD be paid directly to the airline which will contact ONLY passengers who fulfil all the requirements as set out in points (e) and (f);
- Passengers who are already in possession of KLM or Airfrance return tickets will be allowed to use those tickets for the flight. Such passengers should furnish KLM with a copy of the return ticket;
- Passengers are to carry the appropriate PPE ie. Face masks before boarding the flight;
- There will be temperature checks before boarding;
- All passengers are also to note that they will cover the cost of the mandatory 14-day quarantine with a possible extension to 21 days depending on individual cases. The cost of quarantine as indicated below PER NIGHT MUST be paid directly to a selected hotel before passengers are allowed to travel.
Ghana’s borders – air, land, sea – had been closed since March as part of measures to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. President Akufo-Addo is expected to address the nation on July 31, 2020 to further ease some of the restrictions.
Source: Daily Mail GH
Please send us your articles for publication via email@example.com
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories