Your most reliable breaking news website MyNewsGh.com can confidently confirm that barring any last-minute changes, President Akufo-Addo has penciled down the names of Bantama Member of Parliament Francis Asenso Boakye, Damongo Member of Parliament Samuel Abu Jinapor among others as substantive ministers whose names will be submitted to parliament on Friday when the house convenes for business.
The duo served President Akufo-Addo since his opposition days and were appointed Deputy Chiefs of Staff in 2017.
Following their election as MPs, the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has penciled down Asenso-Boakye as Minister-designate for Works and Housing to replace Samuel Atta Akyea who is being reassigned.
Mr. Jinapor on the other hand is heading to the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources as substantive Minister. Insiders say the President intends to reward them for their years of loyalty to him.
The first batch list of ministers sighted by MyNewsGh.com also includes the designation of Manhyia MP Matthew Opoku Prempeh who will be heading the Energy Ministry with his former post taken over by his Deputy Dr. Yaw Adutwum as Minister for Education.
See the first batch list of 9 below
List of President Akufo-Addo’s first list of ministerial nominations:
1. Hon Dr Yaw Adutwum- Minister for Education
2. Hon Dr Opoku Matthew- Minister for Energy
3. Hon Peter Amewu- Minister for Highways
4. Hon Samuel Jinapor- Minister of Lands
5. Hon Asenso Boakye- (Minister of Works)
6. Hon Albert Kan Dapaah- Minister of National Security
7. Hon Osei Akoto- (Minister of agriculture)
8. Hon Frema Osei Opare(Chief of Staff)
9. Hon Yeboah Asiamah (Minister of Transport)
Please send us your articles for publication via email@example.com
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories