It has emerged that President Nana Addo Danquah Akufo-Addo has directed the Ghana Education Service(GES) to grant clemency to all the 14 final year students who have been dismissed, Ghanaxtra can report exclusively.
This portal is reliably informed that President Akufo-Addo has taken notice of the decision by the Ghana Education Education but has directed a review of the decision.
According to a source at the Presidency, the President despite the gravity of the offense by the students does not want their education to be truncated.
The source reveals that the President wants the GES to find an alternative punishment for the students instead of barring them from the ongoing West African Certificate Examination(WASSCE).
The source added that the President wants his vision of ensuring that every Ghanaian child possesses the Senior High School certificate fulfilled hence the order for clemency.
Meanwhile, this portal is reliably informed that the GES has been duly informed by the president’s request and steps are being taking in that regard.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) yesterday dismissed 14 students for acts of indiscipline in the 2020 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The affected students are from the Battor Senior High School, Sekondi College, Juaben Senior High School, and Tweneboa Kodua Senior High School.
A statement from the Ghana Education Service revealed that the affected students have been barred from writing their remaining papers.
Below are the affected students
- Nicholas Cobbinah` – Sekondi College
- Kardimell Suapim- Sekondi College
- John Kwofie- Sekondi College
- Simon Ameyibor (Senior Prefect) – Tweneboah Koduah SHS
- Thomas Anokye – Tweneboah Koduah SHS
- Juliet Amoakowaa – Tweneboah Koduah SHS
- Emmanuel Ashiangmor – Battor SHS
- Peter Sissi – Battor SHS
- Ameka Nyamiitse – Battor SHS
- Shadrack Daitey – Battor SHS
- Alfred Attiso – Battor SHS
- Solomon Brako – Juaben SHS
- Albert Agyekum – Juaben SHS
- Robert Inkoom – Juaben SHS
Please send us your articles for publication via firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories