A Chinese man’s obsession with exotic food turned into his own death-knell. The man, who very proudly claimed that he swallowed a snake’s gall-bladder, ended up contracting a terrifying disease.
After weeks of suffering from breathing problems and excruciating pain, doctors found his lungs riddled with worms.
The Chinese resident, known by his surname Wang, recently went to a hospital in Suqian, Jiangsu province of eastern China after suffering difficulty in breathing for several months, reports the Daily Mail.
The doctors asked about his dietary habits, Mr Wang said that he enjoyed having seafood, such as crayfish and river snails.
The food lover also confessed that he even gobbled down a raw snake gallbladder once before. The patient was later diagnosed with paragonimiasis, a food-borne parasitic infection caused by lung fluke.
Please send us your articles for publication via firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories