Hopes of former Minister under the first term of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s administration to land ministerial appointments in the current administration have been dashed for good.
The 40 ministers including Deputies who hitherto the 2020 were also lawmakers, lost in their reelection bids culminating in what has currently been described by political analysts as a hung parliament.
Prominent faces include former Minister of Local Government and Rural Development Hajia Alima Mahama who lost the Nalrigu-Gambaga seat to the NDC as well as Abubakar Boniface Siddique, MP Madina Constituency
Earlier, there were high hopes these persons could be considered for appointments but if the statement coming from the Director of Communications at the Presidency Eugene Arhin is anything to go by, then these individuals must start searching for permanent jobs.
In an interview he granted the Daily Graphic, Mr. Arhin stated categorically that those people had automatically lost the opportunity to be appointed again to any ministerial position.
“This means that over 40 ministers and deputy ministers in the first Akufo-Addo administration who lost their parliamentary seats will not find themselves in the new government.”
Below is the list of NPP MPs who lost the elections on December 7 2020, their constituencies and their positions in government.
1) George Oduro – New Edubiase – Deputy Agric Minister
2) George Andah – Awutu Senya – Deputy Communications Minister
3) Yaw Buabeng Asamoah – Adenta
4) Boniface Abubakar Saddique – Minister of State
5) Siaka Stephens – Jaman North – Deputy Bono Regional Minister
6) Yaw Afful – Jaman South – Deputy Aviation Minister
7) Ali Maiga Hamidu – Dormaa West
8) George Gyan Baffuor – Wenchi – Minister for Planning
9) Derrick Oduro – Nkoranza North – Deputy Defence Minister
10) Charles Konadu Yiadom – Nkoranza South
11) Abena Durowaa Mensah – Assin North
12) Barbara Asher Ayisi – Cape Coast North – Deputy Minister for Works and Housing
13) Francis Kingsley Cudjoe – Ekumfi – Deputy Fisheries Minister
14) Alexander Abban – Gomoah West – Deputy Minister for Communications
15) Joseph Tetteh – Upper Manya Krobo – Deputy Eastern Regional Minister
16) Ebenezer Nartey – Ablekuma Central
17) Titus Glover – Tema East – Deputy Minister for Transport
18) Joseph Dindiok Kpemka – Tempane – Deputy Attorney General
19) Adongo Frank Fuseini – Zebilla – Deputy Upper East Regional ministers
20) Anthony Karbo – Lawra – Deputy Roads Minister
21) Michael Gyato – Krachi East – Deputy Minister for Water Resources and Sanitation
22) Paul Essien – Jomoro – Deputy Minister for Chieftaincy
23) Barbara Oteng Gyasi – Prestea Huni Valley – Minister for Tourism
24) Kofi Amoakohene – Atebubu Amanten – Bono East Regional Minister
25) Gabriel Osei – Tain
26) Oko Boye – Ledzokuku – Deputy Minister for Health
27) Elizabeth Afoley Quaye – Krowor – Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture
28) Hajia Alima Mahama – Nalerigu /Gambaga – Minister for Local Government and Rural Development
29) Also, Upper East Regional Minister Paulina Abayange who is not an MP lost the elections in the Navorongo Constituency.
Please send us your articles for publication via firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News In Ghana – Click Here to Read Our Latest News Stories